A fairly easy and cheap method to age paper for creating an old book
1-2. I use drawingpaper (I believe this is 200 grams paper). You can see the color difference from the new paper with the ones i already coloured.
3. You start with brewing some strong tea, dont be scroogy about the number of teabags, I used 4 teabags.
4. A large enough basin, tub or bucket to soak your paper
5. The tea must be as dark as possible (Resist your temptation for a cup of tea, this tea is your paint now!)
6. Soak the paper in the tea
EDIT: If the tea is still HOT, use gloves or pinchers of a kind! (chopsticks would do the trick) Don't burn your fingers...
7. Dry it on a drying-rack or on a flat surface. You can speed up the proces with help of a hairdryer.
8-9. After drying the paper looks like this and you could use it already, but the aim is for even darker paper.
10. Now we are using coffee to darken the paper even more.
11-12 Let it dry, and be amazed by the fact the paper really looks OLD...
13. Now you can paint, write, and/or print you texts. And make your ancient book.
In a later stage I also wil submit a bookbinding tutorial. Till then...